“Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet
mind is adequate perception of the world.” – Hans Margolius
Meditation is a practice that disciplines the body, the mind and the spirit to a peaceful, acceptable state of being. It can involve focusing on the breath, on bodily sensations, or on a word or phrase such as, “I trust myself to make good decisions.” In other words, meditation means turning your attention away from distracting thoughts and focusing on the present moment. Meditate on that which is good, peaceful, relaxing and soothing to the spirit. Consider taking 10 to 30 minutes to meditate regularly. This might include prayer, giving thanks, planning your day, your week, etc. Spend some quiet time alone with yourself before you head out for your day.
- Meditate in the morning before you start your day.
- Meditating alone may allow you to concentrate more than meditating in a group.
- Alone, you’re truly free to guide your own thoughts in the direction you want to go.
- Meditate when you’re confused, tired, angry or hurt.
- Meditate at bedtime, at the end of your day.
“IF you don’t have my books yet, or the audio version of them to soak in all this knowledge into your life, then you’re missing out on A LOT! You owe it to yourself to acquire this knowledge! I know I wouldn't live my life without it, and neither should you! Contact me if you have any questions about my books/audio.” — Bart Smith, Author
- Silent Treatments, The Dog House & Other Intellectual Punishments - October 31, 2015
- Outcast? Banished by Friends or Family? - October 31, 2015
- Looking For That Special Someone? - October 31, 2015
- Loneliness - October 31, 2015
- Invoice People (& Companies) Who Bug You, Seriously! - October 31, 2015
- How To Deal Tactfully & Creatively With Tele-Marketers & Solicitors Alike - October 31, 2015
- Friends, Best Friends & Soul Mates - October 31, 2015
- Mean, Nasty & Jealous Exes & Their B.S. - October 31, 2015
- Unhappy With The One You’re With? - October 31, 2015
- When Things Don’t Work Out - October 31, 2015
Order the world's best chocolate chip cookies today from BartsCookies.com!